Properties Peru Properties
2016/12/16 BCGold Corp. Hyperspectral Results Further Support for Large Porphyry–breccia–vein System at Pucacorral Read Release
2016/12/08 BCGold. Corp. Reports Significant Base Metal Assay Results From Underground Sampling At Pucacorral Read Release
2016/12/05 BCGold Corp. Reports Significant Breccia–hosted Silver and Copper Mineralization at Pucacorral Read Release
2016/11/15 BCGold Corp. Discovers Evidence for Large Copper Porphyry–type Mineralized System at Pucacorral Read Release
2016/09/20 BCGold Corp. Provides Peru Exploration Update and Closes Private Placement Read Release
The Peru Properties – Chanape and Pucacorral Highlights
- BCGold has recently acquired 100% interest in the Chanape and Pucacorral Properties, comprising a number of contiguous mineral concessions (5,785 hectares) within the historic Chanape and San Mateo exploration and mining district, 100 kilometres east of Lima, Peru.
- The Properties overlay gold-silver epithermal systems associated with mineralized hydrothermal veins and breccias that are postulated to be related to concealed porphyry copper centres in a prolific mining district that has been actively mined for silver, gold and copper since colonial times.
- The Properties include the Veta Fulvia and the San Mateo silver-copper-gold mines, and completely surround the recent high-grade Chanape porphyry / breccia hosted Cu-Au-Ag discovery formerly owned by Inca Minerals Ltd. – ASX, (“Inca”), which has been demonstrated to extend onto BCGold’s Chanape property. Inca has spent approximately $7 million in exploration on the Chanape discovery during the past 4 years.
- Past Chanape drilling by Inca returned high-grade intercepts in near-surface epithermal breccias that includes 55 metres averaging 2.3% Cu, 0.6 g/t Au, 42.9 g/t Ag and 108 metres averaging 2.0 g/t Au, 41.0 g/t Ag from surface, including 42 metres averaging 3.3 g/t Au, 34.9 g/t Ag. Sufficient information has not been received to report true widths.
- Historic and artisanal mines acquired by BCGold will be evaluated for third party mining and processing at nearby facilities, such as Nyrstar’s Coricancha mine and milling complex, currently being evaluated by Great Panther Silver Ltd., 15 kilometres distant.
- Proximal to the giant Toromocho Cu-Mo-Ag deposit, 30 kilometres to the north.
- Inca spent >A$7 million and drilled over 11,500 metres at Chanape over the past 5 years. Inca dropped the Chanape option in April 2016, citing an inability to negotiate more favorable option terms with the vendor (a 2016 expenditure commitment of A$5.33M was due at year end). BCGold has excellent relations and on-going discussions with the Chanape property vendor to work together and jointly advance our Chanape projects.